Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sights and Sounds






Balinese Blossoms

With all this discussion of serious health topics thought I would share some soothing pictures from Bali. It's amazing as you walk the streets, terraced rice paddies and jungle paths there are bursts of technicolor blossoms everywhere which I just had to stop and admire. I'm one of those people who can pause and watch a fuzzy caterpillar amble across a leaf for thirty minutes.

I also utilize flowers in my energy work by holding the blossoms in my hand or decorating the body with them. Whenever I use flowers I see lots of purple flashes throughout the light/energy body of the person I working on. Purple flashes are related to the crown chakra and usually indicate a higher vibrational change. Flowers are nutrition for the eyes, brain and energy/light body.

Access to our higher emotions is regulated by the limbic system. The limbic system is also know as the rhinencephalon or "nose brain." I've found that the scents of flowers especially roses and frangipani revitalize the higher emotion area of the brain through production of neurotransmitters. Yes, you can smell your way to a smarter more intuitive brain. Flowers are also excellent for reinvigorating the right/feminine hemisphere of the brain stimulating creativity and soothing the soul. Hope you enjoy the images, please feel free to use any you wish.

Sounds of Harmony

Sound is another easy tool we can use to help heal ourselves. As I was researching the article on "Mythology is Science" I read literature about Egyptian Cat Fertility Goddesses. I got to thinking about cats and discovered that their immune systems are pretty darn incredible. Cats are flexible, strong, agile, have incredible balance and possess a potent resiliency against disease and trauma. Cat's also have nine lives, at least in mythology and perhaps the cat's purr has something to do with their health. I speculate that purring induces an electromagnetic field around the cat's body stimulating growth and healing and probably activating a release of endorphins. Cat purring is measured at 150 Hz. which is what the electrical oscillation level of human DNA is. As I mix up my health regimen I listen to various house cats, cheetahs and leopards purring that I've downloaded off the internet. Not lions unless you plan to go into battle. I have no hard data as to how this works only my theorizing. Certainly couldn't hurt to try it out on a regular basis.