Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hey There Little Boy, Want Some Candida!

As far as my own particular immune disease, I’ve been fortunate to have not experienced many of the worst manifestations of a dysfunctional immune system and I did respond well to medications with an immediate reduction of viral load and a phenomenal increase in T-cells. I have many friends and acquaintances though, who are suffering horribly and many others who have died. Nowadays, medications allow one to adequately “manage” but not cure the disease. However, powerful HIV medications produce equally powerful side effects. My medications resulted in hours of diarrhea to start my morning off, stabbing body aches and pains especially in the liver and gastrointestinal tract, mental and physical exhaustion and an overall loss of peace of mind and quality of life.

As someone who is attuned to the language of vibrations I know what food, water, vitamins and medications resonate as healthy and those which do not. Not that I always follow my intuition but at least it is there. If an item is particularly healthy I will see a bright purple flash next to it and if the item is toxic I will see a red dot flash next to it. I noted the vibrations and flashes of my medications and without doubt they always felt or vibrated as poisonous or toxic with red flashes next to them. In addition, my higher brain functions and clarity of shamanic functioning were hobbled by my medications. Always struck me as counterproductive how the medical establishment encourages saturating your body with toxins in order to be their definition of healthy. One would think that a more nutritional diet, increasing one's awareness and knowledge and practicing healthier lifestyle options would equate with health not the other way around. HIV medications are also phenomenally expensive and run upwards of twenty four to twenty five thousand dollars a year, so someone somewhere was and is making truckloads of cash off the untold suffering of millions. Kudos to you corporate behemoths.

I knew that pharmaceuticals were never going to be a cure and as I gained more knowledge I realized FOR ME that HIV medications weren’t a necessary or viable option. Should a cure mysteriously appear soon, I would be extremely hesitant about taking it as any study of what’s in vaccinations should be warning enough. Also, I know how medications vibrate and it is not a healthy vibration. If we as a community want the disease of HIV/AIDS to be healed then it’s going to take sincere work, revolutionary thinking and concerted action. As I've stated before, disease begins with thought and the thought of HIV/AIDS will not go away by taking a pill. Taking a pill will only serve to try and sweep the disease under the rug where it will most likely mutate and grow even more aggressive. We cannot ignore our behavior, our beliefs or those of society and think that this disease will ever magically vanish.

Returning to the physical symptoms of immune deficiency I found that in my body there was a proliferation of yeast and fungal infections from athlete’s foot to jock itch and facial reddening. Other friends developed severe cases of thrush. When I was researching these symptoms I came across information about Candida or Candiadis. As soon as I connected with the information about Candida my immune disease started to make a whole lot more sense. A strange coincidence to my researching Candida was I had recently returned from Bali, Indonesia and stayed in an out-of-the-way village I had never visited before. The name of the village was “Candi dasa.” If you take off the last “s” and “a” you get Candida.

Candi dasa, Bali is absolutely stunning with multitudes of multi-colored flowers, secret beaches and lofty mountain and volcanic vistas. Absolute paradise. I remember saying to myself, “if I died here I would be happy.” When I returned home and was studying causes for the symptoms of HIV/AIDS my awareness directed me right toward the information on Candida. I think because of my trip to Bali, a variation of the word Candida was lodged in my brain. Perhaps my trip to Candi dasa was a glaring warning sign that Candida was flourishing and blossoming into its own paradise within my body. Scary.

Candida albicans is a yeast or fungus that usually works symbiotically with other bacteria to protect the body from infection. I was reading from this website called Holistic Health Solutions and what this site stated was that, “Candida albicans serves to decompose the body after death.” Wow, that’s exactly what seemed to be happening with the body even taking on a “wasting” look while alive. HIV/AIDS has the body attack itself or destroy itself in what to me was identical to Candida albicans.

Just imagine a yeast who’s function is to decompose the body “after” death spinning out of control when one is still alive. Sounds like a cocktail for HIV/AIDS. Candida actually establishes itself in the intestinal tract and then using your gut as a base of operations spreads effortlessly throughout the body. Candida also has the ability to puncture the intestinal wall leaving microscopic holes where food particles and food allergens can poison and toxify the body. Candida can thrive anywhere in the body from lungs, to joints, to mucus membranes, to gall bladder and brain. Gee, that’s a pleasant thought.

Candida Albicans has a variety of nom de plumes such as thrush, athlete’s foot and vaginal yeast infection. Today, the way we approach our healthcare and nutrition becomes the perfect ally for Candida overgrowth. The rampant use of prescription antibiotics and addictive ingestion of sugars, simple carbohydrates and junk food is like manna from heaven to Candida. Antibiotics kill off all bacteria both bad and good so Candida literally has no competitors or other bacterial forces to counterbalance it. Also, our high sugar and low nutrient diets feed candida with the sustenance it needs to destroy our own bodies. Candida loves sugar, who doesn’t?

From the Holistic Health website it states, “Candida creates and releases over 70 different toxins like ethanol and acetaldehyde into your blood stream that not only cause a host of problems in the human body, but also weaken the immune system. Ethanol is an alcohol and acetaldehyde is related to formaldehyde. These toxins disrupt normal functioning of the bodies systems. It can also interfere and mimic estrogen, thyroxin and other hormones in the body thus creating hormonal imbalances and problems with the thyroid or other glands. These toxins can also overload the liver and impede normal liver functions.”

The website continues by stating, “Candida Albicans and its toxins can infiltrate and effect any organ or system in the body and can be responsible for a large variety of physical and mental health conditions that we see so commonly in people today. Most people are unaware that it may be the cause of their arthritis, headaches, migraines, anxiety, depression, aggression, mood swings, fatigue, sore throats, gas, bloating, persistent cough, irritable bowel syndrome, hyperactivity, memory problems, attention deficit, cold sores, eczema, hormonal fluctuations, menstrual difficulties, inability to lose weight, Crohns, Prostatitis Autism and much, much more.”

Other medications that can contribute to a Candida overgrowth are pharmaceuticals for birth control, antacids, ulcers, cortisone, steroids and heavy metals our body absorbs from the environment or the mercury in our tooth fillings. Also, flu vaccinations contain heavy metals. Maybe we can all see now that it doesn’t matter what “pills” one is taking those pills will only serve to disguise what’s really going on. Any “cure” for HIV/AIDS must contain an approach to balancing the Candida bacteria in our bodies.

I’m now going to switch to the symbolism of Candida. Candida flourishes in environments that are dark, warm and moist. Think about gay clubs, they are all dark, warm and moist environments. By entering into places that are dark, dank, warm and moist, WITHOUT AWARENESS, then one may very well be making a risky Candida choice by default. In order to fully protect ourselves, perhaps we should consider the symbolic ramifications of placing ourselves within a candida conducive energetic environment such as dark bars.

I’m also flabbergasted when I consider that the symbol of our “liberty” is a place called Stonewall. If any of you have ever been in Stonewall, it’s a bar and you know that it’s dark, dank and moist. We as the gay community should understand that the most significant symbol of our liberation should not be a dive bar. This may sound like a judgment but it’s not, it’s an observation about the impact of symbols on community consciousness. Hey, it’s not like I haven’t had my tusch in there drinking before. I have. I just think we need to have more respect for ourselves and a better understanding of the symbols we choose to organize ourselves around. Other cultures have monuments, museums or other respectable tributes why should we settle for less?

I’m going to quote two more paragraphs from the Holistic Health Website and also encourage you to do your own research on this disease. I believe the article on the website was written by Cynthia Perkins and she also has a book titled CANDIDA SECRETS, YOUR KEY TO SUCCESSFUL TREATMENTS:

“The overgrowth of Candida yeast is an extremely complex and difficult condition to overcome once it infiltrates the body. It is one of the most obstinate, clever and highly adaptive organisms you will ever encounter. It has the ability to mutate and develop stronger forms of itself.”

Your best course of action in eliminating yeast overgrowth involves learning about the Candida diet and following it as strictly as possible, eliminating sugar and refined carbohydrates from your diet, avoiding the use of antibiotics or other prescription drugs that may encourage yeast overgrowth and educating yourself as thoroughly as possible about every different aspect of this complicated syndrome.” At the very least, one should check into taking probiotics which are healthy bacteria for the digestive tract. I take a daily regimen of probiotics and a tablespoon of good quality apple cider vinegar every day which have done wonders for me. I’m still working on eliminating the potato chips and ho hos.